Small business month is amazing there are so many events happening - but just in case you missed the news The Digital Toolkit has released a new line of events and workshops online. Read More…
Selling Online: eCommerce for Small Business
What makes a great eCommerce Platform?
ECommerce is online sales of goods and services. Retailers can have a physical location and incorporate an e-commerce platform by allowing customers to browse through their online store and pick up their purchases at the physical location.
Benefits of an e-commerce store?
- Ability to shop 24 hours a day
- It opens up the geography of your market; no longer are you limited locally to your market
- Ability to track the sales funnel
What makes a great e-commerce Platform?
- Platforms that are user friendly
- Platforms that allow you to sell what you want, where and when you want. The ability for the platform to deal with online and offline goods, integrate with multiple different payment processors.,
- Platforms must manage orders, shipping, track inventory, and handle the back-end of running a store.
- The platform can integrate with other services, marketplaces, apps, and other software.
- The platform operates at a reasonable price.
E-commerce gives customers the ability to shop 24 hours a day
- PRODUCTS TO SELL - consider working out your return on investment (ROI) before selecting your product range to promote online.
- ECOMMERCE PLATFORM - such as Oncord, Spotify, Squarespace, Google My Business, or Facebook Shop - your choice will be determined by step 3...
- PRICING of the website or eCommerce site depends on the tools you require, your budget, and which platform you choose.
- MARKETING TOOLS that you will need should be considered mindfully with regards to your growth rate. if you want to grow faster, and have the budget to do so, you will choose a top of the line ecommerce platform that integrates with your main marketing channels, such as Google Ads, Facebook Ads. Oncord or Shopify is a perfect example of top-end solutions.
- OPTIMISATION Time is taken to optimize your site, content for social media etc.
- SHIPPING Payments, Postage, and Platforms.
- ONLINE PAYMENTS. Software integration for taking payments securely, and maintaining compliance.