Is Your Digital Toolkit Ready for 2022? - LIVE ON FACEBOOK
Before we look at 2022, we really need to conduct an audit of all of our digital assets from 2021. It is so easy to get tardy and yes we get busy, however, if we are going to do it right then let’s do a digital media audit. Audit Social Media Accounts. An audit of your social media accounts will give you an understanding of what’s happening on each social media platform. The audit will inform you on:-
- What platforms are working for you and what platforms are not
- Do you have impostor accounts?
- Do you have more than one Facebook account? You may have old profiles created before you had a social media strategy.
- Are your profiles current?
Start by searching the web, google your company name and/or the products or services that you promote online. If you find accounts that claim to be you but are not on Facebook, then you will need to ask all of your Facebook connections to make a complaint to Facebook to have them removed. Are your social media accounts all on brand? Check your accounts against your style guide ensuring that you are using up to date imagery and hashtags. Where possible have you entered your company bio or about page? Have you linked to your homepage or blog? Check your pinned posts, are they still relevant? Have you gone through the verification process? Review your previous posts and those posts that have great engagement or reach repost them. What is trending for 2022? Hootsuite conducted a survey at the end of 2021 to determine: -
- Over a billion Facebook users engage within groups
- Small and mid-sized businesses including start-ups have the opportunity to thrive using social media, by finding a community that you and your brand fit into.
- Everyone thinks they are a Creator, in fact, 50 million people consider themselves Creators. In 2021 every major social channel introduced features to assist creators to monetise their work. Jamie Byrne Senior Director of Partnerships at YouTube states “Creators have risen to a new level of influence and power in the media ecosystem, instead of trying to build a community from the ground up, the smartest brands in 2022 will join existing creator communities to define their customers and to simplify their content creation. In doing so brands will build brand awareness.
- 2022 will see more niche networks as customers seek new experiences
- Social Media will continue to have a primary effect on the rest of your marketing
- Integrated paid and organic marketing will work best
- Social customer care will continue to increase customer acquisitions and drive new purchases and product inquiries -this will remain the core of every business
- It’s all about the memes -yes they are here to stay
- Short form vertical video will be popular
- 2022 will show a refocus of authenticity and diversity
- Social commerce -this is part of eCommerce where your products are discovered and where your customers will be looking for after-sale support
- Mental Health is going to be big with Instagram testing in Australia a new feature called “take a break”. The feature will also allow break reminders
- An American trend that will fit in Australia is the use of social media posts as a currency. Local businesses giving away free stuff for posting on social media. This is called post-to-pay-pop-up
- Creating a personal brand by using LinkedIn will create LinkedIn Influencers
Follow Us To Get LIVE ACCESS @Digital Toolkit - Welcome back everyone - Happy 2022! If you haven't heard of the Digital Toolkit - Then this is exciting news because this is a live Q&A Session with some of Australia's Leading Digital Experts. We give you bite-sized nuggets of Digital Tools, Tips, Trends, and Strategies to apply to your business. Helping your business grow in 2022. RSVP Now